Courses, workshops and seminars
If you would like to submit something to be included in these listings, please e-mail email@example.com.
The content of these listings is moderated, but the National Centre does not validate the practices of any third party. If you have a concern about a listing, please let us know. These listings include links to external websites.
Outdoor Arts Sustainability Creation Lab
Date: Monday 21 September (Symposium) and Tuesday 22 - Thursday 24 September (Residential Intensive).
Without Walls and outdoor arts festival specialist Wild Rumpus are excited to present the Sustainability Creation Lab, an exploration of creative approaches to environmentally sustainable Outdoor Arts in a post-COVID world.
The programme features a one-day virtual symposium and a three-day artist residential, all taking place at The Forge, Wild Rumpus, Cheshire.
Virtual Symposium (open to all)
Aiming to engender a sense of collective purpose regarding building and maintaining a greener and more sustainable sector.
- How we can work more collaboratively within the Outdoor Arts sector for a collective sense of the importance of sustainability?
- Who are the gatekeepers for change?
- Examination of case studies and best practice in building and touring physically sustainable productions.
- How can we affect audience behaviours and embed sustainable messages into creative content?
Residential Intensive (by application - deadline Mon 17 August, 17:00)
Tailored to the specific needs of the selected artists, expert facilitators will be present to deliver content and guidance via workshops and discussion groups. Wild Rumpus will provide the space and equipment to physically prototype new approaches to working with equipment and material.
- Exploring and deconstructing the artists’ current approach and philosophy towards sustainability
- Prototyping radical new ways to make decisions from a sustainability perspective, and to feel confident in these choices
- Trialling new ways to work with plant or hireable equipment as desired
- Specific project advice and guidance on how to make and build more sustainable projects, and the expected costs and challenges of these decisions
- Peer-to-peer evaluation of projects from a sustainable perspective
For further information about both the symposium and the residential intensive, visit the Wild Rumpus website.
Posted on 04/08/2020.
Dordogne Aerial Dance Atelier (DADA)
Dates: 10 - 13 June, 2021
Venue: Centre de Création, South West France
The centre de création is excited to bring you our first Dordogne Aerial Dance Atelier (DADA), a holistic event for the global aerial community. DADA is for aerial practitioners keen to improve technique, take time for research and creation, and truly focus on personal and professional development.
With only 25 places available, don’t miss out on this incredible experience in the gorgeous countryside of South West France.
DADA offers a mix of technique & creative workshops and master classes in aerial skills, dance, acrobatics, yoga, handstand, creation to production, and rigging in a rich environment where you are immersed in aerial and ground-based movement.
For further information, see here.